Think Visual workshop, 29th August, Wellington
By Kirstin in Agile on July 12, 2013
Our Managing Director, Nathan, recently attended a workshop called Think Visual at the Agile Australia conference in Sydney. Think Visual is a 1 day practical skills workshop on visual thinking.
Nathan found the workshop incredibly valuable and as a result we’ve decided to bring the trainer – Lynne Cazaly out from Australia to offer the workshop to people here in New Zealand. The course is scheduled for Thursday 29th August 2013 in central Wellington, more details and booking are here. This full day workshop costs $900 per person, but if you book before the end of July you’ll get the early bird price of $850 per person.
The workshop will help boost your visual agility for collaboration, creativity and innovation and is ideal for those involved in the field of agile and software development – particularly when needing to engage across diverse learning styles, diverse cultures and differing levels of capability and interest in agile.
Lynne can work with you to develop visual thinking skills – to help boost visual literacy so you can engage, connect and create engaging communication whenever and whatever you’re working on.
The workshop will include drawing or sketching ‘in the moment’ visuals for meetings, workshops, and training sessions, as well as preparing engaging visual maps, models and metaphors for communicating processes, software, team thinking, problems and solutions and user stories.
In a business setting, you can use visual thinking tools to:
- Generate creative ideas and processes, brainstorm and think creatively
- Engage the most disengaged people and gain their input in meetings, workshops, training programs and conversations
- Communicate business models, value models, key messages and process information to stakeholders both internal and external to the business, in consulting environments or meetings
- Engage with clients and colleagues during conversations
- Collaborate across diverse and amorphous teams in the business and client businesses – from marketing to finance, to IT and retail, to projects and sales and operations
- Sharpen your own individual creative and innovative thinking so you can access it whenever you need.
About Lynne Cazaly
Lynne Cazaly is a communications specialist and has been working with people in service businesses for more than 15 years.
Lynne has delivered the Think Visual workshop face to face to over 1500 people in the past year alone and runs tailored programs on the topic of communication, collaboration, facilitation and visual thinking to in-house teams in business. She is a sought after keynote speaker and has just released the book ‘Visual Mojo: How to capture thinking, convey information and collaborate using visuals’.
Read more about Lynne at www.lynnecazaly.com