Boost’s first Scrum lunch meetup
By Kirstin in Agile on June 29, 2012
Yesterday we held our first Scrunch – Scrum lunch. A bunch of us got together for an hour over coffee and sandwiches to share our experiences of Scrum from a Scrum master/Scrum coach perspective. We shared our thoughts and experiences on four areas of interest:
- What to do when a team decides they don’t want to have one of the regular meetings for example; retrospectives, sprint reviews
- What to do if a product owner wants to add, remove or substitute a story after a sprint has started
- Suggestions on how to facilitate a retrospective in which the product owner is joining by video conference
- Should a sprint planning time box be strictly enforced regardless of whether planning is complete?
- Review/Retro time boxes – should the time box be strictly enforced or should the conversation be left to run on in order to capture valuable points?
- Ideas for engaging retros
Following our Scrunch meetup format of time boxed discussions meant we were able to easily cover these items within the hour we’d allocated to the meetup. Those of us who participated found it incredibly useful to hear other people’s ideas on situations we had encountered recently in the course of our Scrum projects.
In addition to our Boost Scrum masters and coaches we were also joined by Kevin from Datacom. Many thanks to Kevin for joining us! We’d love to see more Scrum master and Scrum coach locals joining us for some lively and engaging discussion, watch our meetup space for details of our next Scrunch.